Wednesday, November 15, 2023

A Little of This, A Little of That

 If you know me, you know that I can't stay in one spot for very long, so I planned a day trip.  I had always wanted a solo trip to run the Manistee River Trail/North Country Trail Loop.  This loop is in northwestern Michigan, and I make the drive to run these trails several times every year.  The day started really chilly, but I warmed up after a few miles, and really warmed up around mile 7 when I started following bear tracks down the trail.  The icing on the cake was a bee sting to my right butt cheek at mile 11.  Despite all of that, the day was gorgeous and I had a great time.


Emerson and her roommate, Leah, were also enjoying their day at Northern Michigan University.  The weather can swing from one extreme to the other up there in the U.P., so when times are good, you have to take advantage of them!


Another weekend brought another Equestrian Team meet.  This time, we took the camper and planned to spend the weekend there.  And this time, Greyson was all in.  After helping out the previous weekend and getting to know the girls, he required no coaxing to spend the weekend at the fairgrounds. 


Alayna and her team had another great weekend of competition, and they came away with enough points to advance to the playoffs.  They were all very excited to show off their medals!





While we were horsing around downstate, Emerson was at a NMU football game in Marquette!

Just like that, another weekend was in the books.  Back in class on Monday, Emerson and Meadow had fun coloring Em's hair.  



I spent Monday morning running trails near home, where it is always so peaceful and quiet.

Nash decided he wanted to run for Student Council, and although the competition was fierce, he came away with the win!  I think the promise of a Cheetos party for the class was the deciding factor!


And George? George was really settling into the farm, not caring at all that he was the only horse.  He didn't even seem to mind sharing his morning grain with the goats!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!