Thursday, March 24, 2011

10

Ten years ago, there was the promise of forever.
Photobucket

And there was family.
Photobucket

And there was dancing.
Photobucket

And there was a party.
Photobucket

And there were friends.
Photobucket

And there was dancing.
Photobucket

And there was a garter.
Photobucket

And cake.
Photobucket

And, did I mention dancing?
Photobucket

And it was the perfect day. A perfect way to start our future.
Photobucket

A future that has held:

not one,
Photobucket

not two,
Photobucket

not three,
Photobucket

but four houses.
Photobucket

A future that has blessed us with:

not one,
Photobucket

not two,
Photobucket

not three,
Photobucket

but four beautiful children.
Photobucket

And there's something strange that happens, more often than not, on March 24th every year: SNOW.

Newlyweds:
Photobucket

Five Years:
Photobucket

Ten Years:
Photobucket

I can't really say that the "I dos" seem like yesterday. And I can't say that it seems like forever since we took our vows. We've moved, traveled, changed jobs, welcomed new lives, said goodbye to other lives, and we've been together through it all.
Photobucket

It seems our life together is now headed in a new direction, one that wasn't really in the plans. But that change is upon us, and we are embracing it.

8 comments:

  1. How touching! You are so cute, Amie! :-p And congrats on the love you and Jason share, today and tomorrow. :-) You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's try this again......great picture post! Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nicely done, sis! good story, can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me cry so early in the morning. I love looking at old pictures. What good times! Hoping for many more in the next 10 years. Love you guys! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay I don't even know you and I'm CRYING! The music isn't helping :) So, so sweet. I love how everything is captured and written. What did we all do before blogging?! Happy Anniversary ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just beautiful. I am visiting via your comment at Enjoying the Small Things tonight and this post was AMAZING. Real love. Beautiful in every way. Your children are darling. You look even prettier now than you did ten years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realize this post was a while ago but it is so stinkin' sweet I had to pop in to say congrats on 10 years, four moves, four kids and a beautiful life!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!