Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nash's First Year

One year.

Twelve months.

Fifty-two weeks.

Three hundred sixty-five days.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes.

That's how long it has been since this happened.  (Click on that colored word ;) )


People always seem to be amazed when they hear that I have five children. They tell me they raised two, or three, or four children, but five? THAT'S A LOT.  The most common comment I receive from people is "You've got your hands full."    Well, guess what?  Yes, I do.

All of my children are unique in their own ways.  They choose their own paths, based on their individuality.  But when it comes right down to it, they wouldn't be who they are if they didn't have each other.  And Nash?  That boy fits like the missing puzzle piece. 

It's no secret that I take a TON of pictures.  And when I write my blog posts, I choose my favorites to help tell my story.  I actually select my pictures first, and then figure out the words later.  Although every year in everyone's life is important, there's just something about that first year that I cannot get enough of.  There is so much growth.  There are so many firsts.  There are so many hurdles to overcome.  I've said it before: pictures are memories.  Each picture tells a story.  Most of my posts contain about twenty pictures.  This one?  This one has more than forty.  I simply couldn't choose.

A year ago, THIS:

 photo IMG_0757_zps2929f47d.jpg

Turned into THIS:

 photo IMG_0776_zps7f96107c.jpg

And then that tiny baby turned into all of THIS:





There's just something about Nash...

He's got character.
 photo IMG_9283_zps741b4a8e.jpg

He seems wise beyond his years.
   photo IMG_8812_zps806b91bb.jpg

He's got a twinkle in his eye.
   photo IMG_7288_zps2fc651be.jpg

He tells the best jokes.
 photo IMG_9498_zps7bfe09e3.jpg


You know that person that everyone just wants to be around? The one who's got "it"? That's Nash. I know he's a baby-he can't walk or talk, he's only got six teeth and very little hair, but he's got IT. He sucks you in and leaves you wanting more. He's happy. His smile is genuine. They say a baby changes everything, and they're right. I wouldn't be who I am today if he had not come into my life. So, yes, my hands are full.  But you know what?   I wouldn't change it for anything. 


Happy First Birthday, baby boy. 
 photo IMG_9209_zpsa7c9e0f4.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to baby Nash! You sure to brighten our world; don't know what we'd do without you. Loved all the pictures and the blog! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok folks, I didn't click the colored word "this" but that's the VERY best part of this blog, the miracle birth of Nash!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!