Sunday, December 29, 2013

These Shoes

 photo photo28_zps44b4c3f6.jpg
 
 
See these shoes?  In August, 2013, they became mine.  If they could talk, oh, the stories they would tell...
 
These shoes have carried me over 530 miles.  They've run races ranging from 5K's to Half-Marathons.  They've run in rain and snow and sleet and wind.  They've run on 90 degree days and 19 degree days.  They've run through forests, mud and streams.  They've run on sandy beaches and through rough terrain. 
 
These shoes have helped push strollers and have pedaled bicycles.  They've traveled from Ohio to Michigan and even Nevada. 
 
These shoes have helped me burn over 57,000 calories.  They've been sweat on, cried on and puked on.  They've carried me even when I wanted to be doing anything but wearing them.


These shoes have spent over 87 hours helping to make me a better person.  They've helped me reach goals I had never even dreamed of before. 

These shoes have taken wrong turns, and these shoes have carried me home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!