Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Burning Question

Three weeks ago, I was offered the opportunity to guest post on a friend's blog.  This was new territory for me, but I was up for the challenge.  I was asked to write about why I run.  And not only why I run, but how I find the time to run.  That would be easy.  When people ask me why I run, my most common answer is, "Why don't YOU run?"

I remember a twenty mile race I ran a couple of years ago.  I got to mile 17, right as we were running back into town and I saw a woman standing alone on the side of the road, watching us pass by.   At first I couldn't hear her, but I could see that she was cheering us on.  She was eating a very large donut and drinking an even larger pop, and she was obese.  When I passed by her, do you know what I heard?  "You're almost there!" and "Keep running!" and "I COULD NEVER DO THAT!" I wanted to stop and talk to her.  I wanted to tell her that exactly a year ago I couldn't do it either.  I couldn't run ONE mile, let alone twenty.  I wanted to tell her that one good choice would lead to more good choices and little by little you can change yourself.  Everyone has to start at the beginning, no matter where your beginning is.


 photo IMG_8204_zpswtvhpclx.jpg
"What seems impossible today will one day be your warm-up."

Why do I run?  Why don't YOU run?

You can read my guest post over at www.sweatflexshine.com by clicking this link: AMIE'S GUEST POST

Sending a special thank you to Mrs. Allison Hardy for giving me this awesome opportunity!  And if you'd like daily inspiration, go follow her on Instagram @sweat.flex.shine along with me at @amieontherun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!