Thursday, June 16, 2016

Here We Go Again

Remember when I wrote about our chickens, and how I knew they were a gateway animal?  Well, since the original five chickens, we've added two ducks, three more chickens, two turkeys, then lost three chickens and two ducks, and re-added three chickens and two ducks.  Are you keeping up? Currently, that's eight chickens: Mabel, Lizzie, Ruby, Harriet, Bernice, Grace, Tatiana and Rosie, two ducks: Waylon and Willie, and two turkeys: Lewis and Clark.

Today our family got a little bit bigger...

 photo FullSizeRender_1_zpspp95hjkl.jpg


Meet Winston, age 8 weeks:

 photo IMG_4528_zpsbh1bqsyt.jpg


He is a Boston Terrier and Boxer mix and he is the sweetest little boy in the whole world.  The kids have been begging for a dog for over two years and we finally have the space and the time to raise this puppy right.  He was waiting for the kids when they came home from school today, and their reactions were priceless...

Emerson: Is he really OUR puppy?  This is the best family ever.

 photo IMG_4491_zpswyosztm9.jpg

Alayna: I wouldn't have to share him if I was the only kid in this family!  Today we got a puppy and went to dinner for Dad's birthday-this day could only be better if it was also Field Day at school!

 photo IMG_4487_zpsdsbzqhif.jpg

Grey:  I'm going to keep him forever.  Well, at least until he dies.  I can't wait until winter when I can play in the snow with him!

 photo IMG_4499_zps8ulaeuoj.jpg

Nash, when made to share the puppy:  I haven't held him in a WEEK!

 photo IMG_4484_zpsivfhqoi8.jpg

Owen:  This is what our family has been missing!

 photo IMG_4489_zpsjlcvhoan.jpg


I can already envision little Winston being forced into doll dresses by the girls, and getting pulled around the yard in the wagon behind the tractor by Greyson.  And Nash went to bed very sad tonight that Winston couldn't sleep in his bed with him.  I reminded all of the kids that Winston is here to stay and there will be plenty of time to cuddle him and play with him and love him. Tomorrow? Tomorrow is the last day of school, and all of the kids asked to be woken up early so they had plenty of time to snuggle with our new little puppy for school.  Right now, though, I'll wrap this up because it's almost bed time for this mama and I need to sneak a few minutes of snuggling in while I have the chance.




 photo IMG_4540 1_zpswrypvkif.jpg


 photo FullSizeRender_zpsykjiikkl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!