Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Oh, What a Day!

It's been pretty quiet around this house now that three of the kids are in school full-time. Little Miss Alayna is thoroughly enjoying having me, and the house, all to herself. Most of the time, she spends her time flitting from toys to coloring to toys to playdough, leaving small messes in her wake. Today, I was cleaning the house and she wanted to be my helper. After I finished up the bathroom, she stayed behind to do her "work". She closed the door and I went on about my business.

A while later, I realized that Alayna hadn't come out of the bathroom yet and she was very quiet. Everyone knows that a quiet two year old is up to NO good.

I stuck my head into the bathroom to find that she had put MANY tissues into the toilet. Many, as in the box was empty and the toilet was full. So, I dug out the tissues, gave her a mild scolding, and went back to cleaning.

Soon, it was lunchtime and she happily sat at her little table and ate her ravioli. After lunch means naptime, and we headed upstairs. I grabbed her blankets, snuggled for a few minutes, told her I loved her, and put her in her crib.

Sounds like a pretty uneventful day, doesn't it? That's what I was thinking, too.

When she woke up, I layed her down to change her diaper. Turns out, Alayna had a little secret she'd been keeping from me...

Photobucket

Yes, you're seeing tissues. A lot of tissues. Like, so many tissues her jumper was FULL. I took them all out, laughing at my sneaky little girl, changed her diaper and started to snap her jumper back together. This is when she threw a FIT. She had spent a long time putting those tissues inside there, and she wanted them back inside! So, like a good mom, I stuffed her full of tissues once again.

Alayna spent the rest of the day with those tissues inside her jumper. And, boy, was she proud of herself!


Photobucket

Turns out, those tissues came in pretty handy. No need to find a box of tissues when you're carrying them with you!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious!! You gotta watch those quiet ones; they're sneaky!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!