Monday, September 19, 2011

Something from Nothing

We didn't have plans this weekend. Our weekends have been pretty busy recently, so I was looking forward to a little relaxation. Saturday morning started out slowly, with the kids arising in their usual order: Greyson, Owen, Alayna, and MUCH later, Emerson. The kids pulled out Barbies and dolls and trucks and marbles and train tracks. There was no television-just four little kids, content to play with their toys and each other. I guess I was feeling a little adventurous, so I pulled out some crafts and paint and let the kids go to town, no help from me.

Photobucket

While Owen and Emerson kept their paint trays nice and neat, Greyson thought it would be a much better idea to mix everything together. End result:

Photobucket

This was Alayna's first time painting, and she couldn't resist painting herself a bit, and even sneaking a little taste:

Photobucket

I've said it before, but it doesn't take much to keep my kids happy. They had a great time with their art projects and I had fun seeing their creativity come to life.


On Sunday, we got an improptu invitation to play golf. I haven't played in over two years, and I jumped at the chance. We arranged for the kids to stay with our friends for the afternoon, and I dusted off my shoes and bag and we were off!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Luckily, it was a friendly game, complete with some fabulous Bloody Marys. It took me a few holes, but I eventually found my swing.

Photobucket

And Jason? He shot an impressive 73 for the day. I like to call him "show-off".

Photobucket

It was great to be out on the golf course again-I'd almost forgotten what THIS looked like:

Photobucket


We decided we didn't want the day to end, so we brought the party back to our house and invited a few more people over. You can't go wrong with pizza and good friends, right?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and did I mention beer?

Photobucket

The kids had a great time, too. Everyone got along perfectly.

Photobucket

Photobucket


It was a great weekend-the perfect mix of pajamas and crafts and sunshine and friends. There's talk of us Michiganders starting our own little Euchre club down here in Tennessee. There's talk of more golf-for the men AND the women. And, of course, there's talk of WHEN the next craft project will take place around the kitchen table. I encourage you to take some time out to enjoy the little things-make some memories of your own!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh crap! Looks like you're having waaaaaay too much fun there; now you'll NEVER want to leave. Loved the art projects! Glad you and Jason are finding time to have fun together in spite of his long hours. I knew he'd do well; he beat dad with a broken foot the first time they played! Also glad the kids are finding some friends!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!