Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Un-Wish

We've been spending a lot of time at the cabin this summer and the kids have really gotten to see tons of stars. Its nice to get out of the city and really check out the night sky. Tonight we were out fishing at the end of our dock, my mom (Nene), Owen, Emerson, and I. Here was the conversation my mom and Em had:

Em: Nene, I see the first star tonight. Its the wishing star. Can I make a wish?
Nene: Sure, you can make a wish.
Em: Ok, don't look at me. (And then in a whisper:) Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight.
Nene: Now don't tell me your wish or it won't come true!
Em: Nene, I think I want to tell you my wish because I don't really want it anymore. I changed my mind.
Nene: Ok, if you're sure...
Em: I wished for a TRILLION doll houses.

2 comments:

  1. ha, how sweet is that!

    ah, a cabin to spend summers in. i long for that. we were at clark lake and lake leann this past weekend, it was heavenly. so peaceful.

    thank you for your sweet words.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg LOL @ a trillion. that is awesome. i love her.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!