Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Halloween Season

This year, Halloween wasn't just a day. It was a season. The holiday approached slowly, and I filled my days planning costumes, decorating with scarecrows and fall decor, visiting orchards and pumpkin patches.

The last week, however, has been a WHIRLWIND of activity. It has been quite some time since I have found myself so busy, often having that sinking feeling that I was forgetting something. Along with the Halloween festivities, also in the mix were doctor's appointments, birthday parties, and school fundraisers.

I could go on and ON about how crazy our week has been, but I think a little "picture walk", as they call it in Kindergarten, would be more fun for you and me BOTH!

Here we go!

First up: A sneak-peak at our Halloween theme this year:

The FABULOUS Queen Amidala:
Photobucket
Darth Vader, complete with realistic breathing sound machine, as requested:
Photobucket
C3-PO, who never wore a mask, not even on a bribe:
Photobucket
Yoda, the wise one:
Photobucket
And Princess Leia with Luke the Jedi:
Photobucket

Event #1: The Annual Tillier Halloween Party, where children HUGELY outnumbered the adults...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Event #2: Grandpa Steve's Birthday and Hayride
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Event 3: Grandma and Grandpa treated us to a costume party at their Elk's Club
Photobucket
Photobucket

Event #4: Emerson's Kindergarten Halloween Party
Photobucket

Event #5: Owen's First Grade Halloween Party
Photobucket

Event #6: Greyson's Montessori Halloween Family Party
Photobucket

Let's throw in some Alayna spam right here-she LOVES practicing her walking skills. Any day now she's gonna go solo!
Photobucket

Event #7: A costume party with Alice and The Mad Hatter, who won second place!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Event #8: Halloween Brunch, celebrating my sister's birthday
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Event #9: Halloween night, beginning with our yearly tradition of visiting Great-Grandma Lois before trick-or-treating
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Princess Darby and Yoda needed a break!
Photobucket

We sure did get our money's worth out of the Halloween costumes this year! I can honestly say that I've NEVER dressed up so much for this holiday before IN MY LIFE. I think the whole family enjoyed our STAR WARS theme this year...

I guess we did have a few minor glitches: Greyson wasn't going to put on that C3-PO mask for ANY reason, Alayna couldn't quite scoot in her Yoda costume, Owen's light saber wasn't the glowing beacon of light he had envisioned, a screaming fit ensued every night while scrubbing Queen Amidala's make-up off of Emerson's face, Jason couldn't exactly maneuver his cell phone out of Luke's pants in a sightly fashion, and my Princess Leia wig was SO itchy. SERIOUSLY.

But those aren't the things we'll remember about this Halloween season. We'll remember what you're supposed to remember: costume parties with friends and family, a hayride on a crisp afternoon, helping to blow out birthday candles (sometimes even before a wish was made!), awesome costumes, and TONS of candy.

I think there's only ONE thing left to say...

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That was great! I love reading your blogs. Loved all the pictures too. Great costumes and a Halloween to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freakin love ALL of these...esp that last one with all of you. Halloween partiers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!