Saturday, October 2, 2010

1-2-3 Draw!

Yes, we have a television in our car, but I only use it on long trips or as a reward for good behavior. Most of the time, the kids fill the time spent in the car writing and drawing in notebooks. It takes a couple of months to fill the books, but I always look forward to the times when they tell me their books are full. This is when I get to see what they have written and drawn. I encourage them to not tear out the pages, so I can save the books as keepsakes.

You never know WHAT you're going to see in these notebooks...

Here is a progression of self-potraits from Emerson over the summer. Quite a bit of progress!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And here's a few from Owen...

A bird and his house:
Photobucket

A common alien:
Photobucket

A dinosaur and his volcano:
Photobucket

A snowball fight:
Photobucket

And then things get a little more interesting.

Photobucket

Obviously upset with his sister:
Photobucket

And the one that really makes his sister mad:
"Ho, ho, ho, ho. Emerson is a daisy."
Gets to her EVERY time. LOL.
Photobucket

Like I said, you never know WHAT you're going to get. But I always look forward to reading them!

With that, I'll leave you with some Spongebob, Gary, Patrick, Mr. Crabs and the gang.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome! Do you die laughing?! I liked the "ho ho ho Emerson is a daze" that was great! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are damn funny. Did you save the one that said "frikin and dammin". LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Em made lots of progress over the summer. Amazing!
    Owen, he is one funny dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL these make me laugh. Kids are so funny.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!