Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day Four

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day Four

When I was little, my dad shared his love of nature with me.

Photobucket

Today I am thankful to be able to share my love of nature with my children.

Photobucket

All of my kids have ridden in this backpack until they couldn't fit any longer. They have all loved it. During the week, Alayna and I take long walks, where she sings to me, and stares in wonder at the turtles and deer and geese, and tells me stories of nice monsters who fly in airplanes. On Saturdays, I take the older kids along, too. We don't walk quite as far, but they love seeing all the animals and rocks and telling me stories of their own. Sometimes we're all quiet, and sometimes we sing loudly or talk about places we'd like to visit.

Being outdoors is more than just enjoying nature. We enjoy each other, too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They always take our walks in the woods as an adventure-there's always something new to see. The leaves are quickly leaving the trees around here, and we've got frost on the ground in the mornings, but in my opinion, it's a SPECTACULAR time of year.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You've got a very special Dad with a lot of talents. I'm glad he passed on his love of nature to you. Gumrunners! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!