Monday, October 31, 2011

Day Six

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day Six

Today I am thankful for my sister, Melissa.

My sister is my best friend. She is the reason I wanted two daughters of my own. The bond between sisters is something you can't find anywhere else. She can get me laughing in any circumstance, and often in the wrong circumstance. We grew up talking about boys late at night, we spent weekends with each other at college. We were in each other's weddings, we had our boys just months apart, and we had our girls just days apart. She's the one I call to share funny stories with, and she's the one I call when I need to go out and have a good time. She is smart, beautiful, a great mother and a great friend, and I'm thankful she's MY sister.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, today is her birthday and I'm not there to celebrate with her. So if you see her, give her a big ol' squeeze from me, would ya?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set of sisters. The two of you look like you enjoy being together very much. You must be a riot to be near when you're around each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was the saddest but funniest blog ever. Love all the pictures of you guys growing up. I'm glad you have each other. Even though you're miles apart now, I know you'll always be close. My two beautiful daughters! Love you guys............

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!