Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thirty Days

Today is October 26, 2011. Just a boring old Wednesday, right?

Let's spice it up, SHALL we?

October 26th is exactly 30 days from Thanksgiving. Your first thought might be one of surprise at how fast the time has flown by, and it has. We get so caught up in our day-to-day lives that it's easy to lose track of the important things-the little things.

Today I'm starting "Thirty Days of Thankfulness" on this blog. For the next thirty days, I'll be posting about the little things (and some big things) I'm thankful for in my life. I challenge you to take a few minutes each day and think about the GOOD things in your life.

On this First Day of Thankfulness, I am thankful for my health and the health of my family. It might seem like a simple thing, but I know so many people struggling with everything from cancer, to diabetes, to eating disorders, to difficult pregnancies, to unexplained illness, to mental illness. These illnesses affect not only the individual, but also their entire family and support network. If you're not facing something like this in your life, it's easy to take your health for granted. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, and I'm thankful for everyday I'm given.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You're so right; I think about our healthy family all the time and how blessed we all have been, and we DO take our good health for granted. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an outstanding idea for your blog, and very thoughtful on your part. I think that people will really get to know more about you. You will continue to touch many lives.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!