Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blueberries

About thirty minutes north of here, tucked away down a few backroads, is a farm with acre after acre of every kind of blueberry you can imagine. Yesterday morning was gloomy-full of clouds with a chance of rain. Our spirits couldn't be hindered, though. We had made plans to go bluberry picking, so off we went. We tied our buckets around our waists and eagerly headed off to find the perfect spot to fill them (and our bellies, too!) I'm pretty sure all of the kids ate their weight in blueberries, and most of them abandoned their buckets after a while to play hide-and-seek between the rows. But we still ended up with a TON of berries to take home with us, and nap time lasted a little longer, too!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is my mom-her first time bluberry picking!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The babies couldn't get enough of the blueberries and they were so good the whole time!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here's the whole crew, minus my mom who took this picture. Thanks, Mom!
Photobucket
Catch me if you can!
Photobucket
Don't be fooled-Emerson's bucket was EMPTY when we were finished. She ate all of her berries!
Photobucket
Owen took his job VERY seriously. When I asked him if he ate any, he said "Yes-I ate A LOT! I ate NINE."
Photobucket
Photobucket
Greyson stole my camera and took these next two shots-pretty good for a two-year-old!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Brady's not afraid to get dirty!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Of course we had to pop our heads into this bluberry sign!
Photobucket
Photobucket
My mom and sister made pies with their blueberries and I whipped up some muffins. Tomorrow will be "pie day" at our house! YUM!
Photobucket

If you've never been berry picking, I HIGHLY recommend giving it a try. It really is fun for the whole family. We're going back next week to gather enough to stock our freezer for the winter months!

1 comment:

  1. After a full day of blueberry picking you had enough energy to bake muffins?!?! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!