Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Man of Few Words

My children are not known for being early talkers. The first two were silent observers until around the 20 month mark, but then the vocabulary just SPILLED out of them. Greyson? At age two he could say about five things. And today, about two months from his third birthday, he's up to about thirty words. Now don't get me wrong, he's a smart dude. And boy, can he get his point across. But he'd rather grunt and point and scream to make his requests known.

He's also a singer. What does he sing? It might be "Frere Jacques" or it could be "Where is Thumbkin?"...I'm not really sure. Because, you see, THERE ARE NO WORDS. And up until recently, there was no video footage as proof. He could be singing for HOURS and one little bleep from the camera and he's as quiet as a mouse.

Now, I know the footage isn't perfect-I'm driving the car and Jason's being poked by me to aim the camera at the boy WITHOUT being seen OR heard-but we got it. TOTAL PROOF. Video footage I will use to bribe him with in the future.

So without further ado, my man of few words, Greyson.

4 comments:

  1. aw, so cute! we mama's know what our babies are saying. that's one of the things i loved when my babies were younger.

    greyson is a love. so sweet. oh and his name... i love his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally got that on tape. He's hilarious! Is there a way to lower the volume on your background song to hear him singing better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i'm sure one day he'll just bust out with tons of words and you'll be like BECKY! he won't shut up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha, what a cute singer he is!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!