Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not Quite What I Had Planned

I've been waiting all summer for Jason to have a break in his schedule so we could take the kids to a small, kid-sized water park near here. I thought the kids would love it. So we packed up some snacks, lubed everyone up with sunscreen, and we were on our way. The baby napped on the way there, so I knew we'd have a few hours before she got crabby. The kids were so excited! I'd just like to say that I'm so happy I took pictures the first twenty minutes we were there, because the ENTIRE trip lasted ONE HOUR.

You want reasons? #1. The water was colder than ANY garden hose you have ever felt-even in winter. #2. The water slides were so big no kid would EVER go on them. #3. There were about SIX other kids in the whole place.

I am so glad we only had to spend twenty-three dollars on admission, because we couldn't BEG our kids to stay there any longer.

Sigh.

Nevertheless, I did manage to get a few good shots of the kiddos:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Grey waiting for Daddy to come down the slide:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Inside the waterfall!
Photobucket
Alayna trying to walk!
Photobucket
Photobucket

When we got home we decided, since there was still the better part of a day left, to try out the new bike path in our town. This, however, is not as simple as it sounds with four little ones. Owen is pretty good on his two-wheeler, but Em tires easily and Grey and Alayna can't pedal at all.
Photobucket
So, Grey and Em got the trailer pulled by me.
Photobucket
And Alayna got a free ride in the backpack by Dad-he's got some killer balancing skills riding a bicycle with a baby on his back!
Photobucket
The trail was awesome-not too hilly, and it ends at the park. What's better than that?! I think the bike trip was a hit!
Photobucket

As if that wasn't enough for the day, when we got home Owen and Emerson decided that they wanted to try their skills flying kites. We've been waiting and waiting for a windy day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I think its safe to say the kids had MUCH more fun riding bikes and flying kites than their time spent at the water park. Sometimes it really is just the simple things that provide the greatest pleasures.

3 comments:

  1. looks like it turned out to be a blast despite the water park hiccup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. You'd never know the water was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad y'all had a great time! I love the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!