Friday, November 25, 2016

Can You Feel It?

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day 25

Can you feel it?


Thanksgiving is behind us and the Christmas season is upon us.  There is electricity in the air.  Colder weather has settled in, shoppers are bustling about, travel plans are being made, recipes are being selected.  There is Christmas music on the radio and twinkling lights can be seen illuminating trees and houses at night.  Traditions are being carried out, and new ones are being made.

I have always loved this time of year.  I love picking out the tree and unwrapping all of our old ornaments.  I love baking cookies and treats with the kids.  I love the parties at school and the little crafts the kids bring home.  I love the sound of jingle bells.  I love terrible Christmas sweaters.  I love seeing all of the wrapped presents under the tree.  I love the candlelight service at church where we welcome that little baby Jesus.  I love the smells of cinnamon and pine.  I love the excitement of choosing just the right cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.  I love all of the parties and get-togethers with friends and family.  I love looking back on all of our Christmases as a family.

2003

2004


2005

2006

2007

2008

2009

2010

2011...where are mom and dad?

2012

2013...where are the kids?

2014

2015

There are thirty days until Christmas.  This means I have thirty days to fill will everything I love about the Christmas season. I am thankful for the traditions my family has carried on, and I am thankful for the new traditions we are creating together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!