Saturday, November 12, 2016

Up North

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day 12

You've heard me talk about how much fun we have at the cabins in summertime. Between the beach and the speedboat and fishing and swimming and bonfires, it's hard to stay away too long during the summers. In winter, we love it for completely different reasons: snowmobiling, sledding, board games and cozy indoor fires.  But there's just something about fall...

The leaves have fallen and there is a definite chill in the air, but winter is not here yet.  The kids rush to unpack and head down to the lake-just the same as on those warm summer nights.



Our main goal of the weekend was to make sure we cleared up the leaves at both cabins, and Grey and I were in charge of the leaf blowers.



Of course, we had to make time to create a giant pile of leaves to jump in.  In all honesty, it was worth the trip to see all of my kids laughing and rolling around in the leaves for hours without a care in the world.







It was Winston's first time experiencing fall, and I'm pretty sure he thought it was the best thing ever. Look at that smile!



By now you know about my love of sunsets, so we made sure to take a few pictures on the beach last night before the sun (and the temperature) got too low!




You'd think that without the beach and water fun or the snow and wintertime fun that the kids would be bored out of their minds or glued to their electronics, but that didn't happen. The weekend was filled with bright sunshine and even though it was a little chilly, we all spent a ton of time outside and had a great time.  We love having a little getaway that's not too far away to reconnect with each other and breathe in that great Northern Michigan air.  I am thankful that this great place has been a part of our family for many generations, and I am helping my children create memories that I hope they will cherish as I cherish mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!