Sunday, November 27, 2016

Nash is Four

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day 27

Guess who's four today!!  This kid!



It has been four years since Nash came into this world in a BIG hurry.  You can read about his birth and beyond by clicking HERE. 

Last year I wrote about how challenging and stubborn Nash was.  Well, I'm here to tell you that not much has changed in that department.  Maybe it's because he's the youngest, or maybe it's just him, but this boy always seems to get his way in the end.  *Sigh*

He started school this year-a montessori program here in our town-and although he protests going every single morning, his teachers assure me that he's happy and playful and completely fine once I leave him.  Whew!



Aside from school, Nash has had some other "firsts" in the last year.  Of course, one of his favorite things was raising our chicks.  And of course, HIS chick who was supposed to be a hen turned out to be a rooster, but Nash named him Rosie, so Rosie is his name.



Also on his list of firsts were holding a frog,



Crossing the Mackinaw Bridge and handing out high-fives to the soldiers,



Using his brother, Greyson, as a chair,



Making wishes while trick-or-treating,



Jumping into enormous piles of leaves,



Pumping his legs on the swing to go extra high,



And sleeping at the dinner table.



Three years ago, we learned that Nash has a variety of allergies, including dairy, egg, and many nuts.



Even small exposure to any of these things causes a reaction which often leads to a full-blown respiratory issue.



These events occur more often than I'd like and take Nash out for three to four days at a time.  Watching your child struggle to breathe is a very helpless situation.  But when he's healthy, he's happy and we take the good as long as we have it.  One thing Nash loves (almost as much as his beloved almond milk) is oatmeal.  Even when nothing sounds good to my picky little boy, he's usually up for a bowl of oatmeal, on a tv tray, with a magazine, watching Paw Patrol.  I am almost entirely convinced that he's an old man trapped in a little boy's body, by the way.



Today, there was no party, but grandparents stopped over to wish him a Happy Birthday and to bring gifts.  He received a robot, money, and legos-a current love of his.



This year he also discovered that he loves Mint Oreos.  Did you know that Oreos make many flavors that are completely vegan? That's great news for Nash with his dairy allergy and it's a great substitute for cake at parties. But I do have one recipe of cake he can eat, so when he requested cake for his birthday, with blue frosting, I made him chocolate cake with mint-flavored blue frosting-just like a minty Oreo.



His big gift this year was this super cool ride-on toy.  He needs a little help figuring out that steering, though, or he might end up in the ditch!



Looking back, a year ago Nash seemed so tiny.  He's turning into a big boy, though, and time is starting to whiz by.  Sometimes I snap a picture of him, and when I look at it later I can hardly believe that's my little baby boy.



But sometimes, just when I need it, Nash delivers.  These days, when I hear, "Mom.  Mommy.  Mom.  Mom.  Mommy.  MOM!!" it's usually followed with an "I love you" or "I need a hug-a lot of hugs!" and sometimes when I snap a quick picture of him and look back on it, he is still my little baby boy.



Happy 4th Birthday, Nashypoo.  Mommy loves you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!