Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Thankful

In November, 2010, I posted every day for a month; Thirty Days of Thankfulness.  In the past six years, there have been many changes.  We've moved four times, lived in three different states, added a child and many animals, lost loved ones, made new friends, and done a lot of living.  We've faced uncertainties and cried tears of happiness.  We've celebrated the little moments in everyday life and and have been dealt crushing blows that have knocked us to our knees. If I let it, the bad could overcome me.  But I choose to look for the positives-to find happiness.  Sometimes I have to seek out the joy, but it's always there, isn't it?  When I stop and look around, even when I'm having a really crappy day, I know that my life is blessed with true greatness.  So for the next thirty days, starting today, I will share with you the good in my life.

Day One, November 1, 2016

Yesterday was Halloween.  Halloween on a Monday means a long weekend of costumes and junk food and parties and so much candy.  I enjoy the holiday, but am always glad when it's over.  Today I packed up the costumes, and removed the glitter and feathers from every surface.  I opened all the windows and thoroughly cleaned my house.  There are just a few short weeks before the Christmas season will be upon us, and I enjoy the normalcy of a clutter-free house.  Well, clutter-free until the kids get home from school, right?

Did you notice I said "opened all the windows"?  Today is a glorious day.  It is sunny and breezy and in the mid 70's...in NOVEMBER!

The trees are past peak in color here in Michigan, but they are still completely beautiful to me.

 photo IMG_0426_zpseww92ajs.jpg

The warm weather must have warmed the chickens, too-they all laid eggs today!

 photo FullSizeRender_zpsz93dnwtz.jpg

And hearing Rosie the Rooster crow loud and proud always makes me smile.

 photo IMG_0434_zpsywun6nzw.jpg

It is quite likely that we won't see the 70 degree mark again until next Spring, so today I am thankful for this bright and warm November day.

If you'd like to join in on Thirty Days of Thankfulness, do it!  Start a blog or post on Facebook or Instagram.  I'd love to hear what you are thankful for this November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!