Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day Eighteen

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day Eighteen


Today I am thankful for my grandma, Ellie, who I call "Grammy".

Grammy raised six fabulous children including my mom. I remember when I was growing up, we spent almost every Sunday at her house, picking raspberries, smelling her roses, playing video games in the basement and eating the best food ever.

Some other reasons my Grammy is fabulous?

She has the best collection of clip-on earrings ever.

She doesn't miss a Tiger's game for anything.

She says things like pocketbook, and Davenport, and bivouac.

She loves shopping.

She has an amazing collection of old teacups and saucers.

You can always get a fresh slice of Balkan bread at her house.

She'll leave you a ten-minute voicemail if you don't answer your phone.

She loves her family.

Photobucket

And I love her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have such nice memories of Gram; she continues to be funny but in a different way. She said this blog "made her whole day". I'll have to take my computer over and show it to her. I love the pretty picture of you two too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!