Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day Twenty-one

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day Twenty-one


Today I'm thankful for my grandma, Janet.

I call her Nanu. She is such a thoughtful person; she does things for people when they least expect them. She taught me how to wrap presents, make pineapple upside-down cake, and knit. She raised two children by herself, and is now a proud grandmother of five and great-grandmother of fifteen. Some of my favorite things come from Nanu, like the great Christmas stockings she has handmade for everyone in the family, the best caramel apples you've ever tasted, chocolate sauce that tastes just like Heaven, and too many cookies to name at Christmas. She has maintained our beloved Jandon Lodge all of these years, keeping it much like it was when it was built so many years ago. Nanu is very insistent on keeping traditions going in our family, and I'm so glad she's put forth the effort.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That was wonderful! She really is a wonderful person. I have so many great memories of her too waaaaay before you were born. Not only is she talented, she is thoughtful and never complains. She even got up on skis at age 60! I surely don't know what I'd do without her!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!