Friday, November 18, 2011

Day Twenty-four

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Day Twenty-four


Today I am thankful for my Dad.

In my eyes, my dad can do anything. And the things he does, he's good at. He can paint you a picture, or track a deer through the woods, or take your car apart and rebuild it. He's always got some sort of project going on. And he has a good time, wherever he is.

He has coached my softball teams, taught me to shoot the basketball, suffered through choir concerts and plays, taught me to hunt and fish, designed t-shirts for a local ice cream shop, and walked me down the aisle. I've seen him get kicked out of Gus Mackers and he's had a whistle or two thrown at him during basketball games. He was behind the backstop when I was batting, always coaching me-pushing me to be better. He chased me around West Virgina to see my games down there, and even came to New York for a weekend tournament. He could sit for hours and listen to me play the piano, too, always putting his request in for his favorite song. He has done too many odd jobs around our houses to mention-everything from tiling bathrooms, to building decks, to hanging siding. He has helped us move FIVE times. I love that he is there when we need him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was my number one fan growing up and he might not know it, but I am HIS number one fan.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. the look on your face in the fishing pic is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I wondered when you were going to write about your dear daddy! You guys have the best relationship! Girls sure love their daddys; I know I did. He was the best! You sure cleaned out dad's eyes first thing this morning. lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!