Sunday, November 6, 2011

Days Ten, Eleven and Twelve

Thirty Days of Thankfulness, Days Ten, Eleven and Twelve


Today I am thankful for the new friends I've made here in Tennessee.

On Friday night at five o'clock, I was thinking about what we'd have for dinner and what I needed to do to get ready for a card party at our house on Saturday night. At six o'clock on Friday, I somehow got an invitation to go to Nashville and had an hour to get ready. THAT adventure ended at four o'clock in the morning on Saturday. After three hours of sleep, I rallied and cleaned the house, did some laundry, made some food, and got everything ready for our party, just in time. THAT party lasted until after one in the morning on Sunday. And somehow on Sunday, some great friends offered to watch our kids and we headed out for an afternoon on the Harley, which was followed by a dinner invitation at another friend's house.

This wasn't how I had envisioned my weekend.

But this weekend ended up being one of the BEST weekends EVER. This was a weekend FILLED with friends-NEW friends. We're all down here in Tennessee, away from our families, but somehow these people here feel like family, too. We've got each others' backs-we're all in the same boat. And I like it. I love the spur-of-the-moment fun we have, and I love that it's nothing but good times when we're all together.

So if YOU were a part of my weekend, I am thankful for YOU.

1 comment:

Leave me a message-I need the entertainment!